55+ Easy Activities for 5 Year Olds
Banish boredom in your house with these 55+ super fun and easy hands on activities and arts & crafts for 5 year old kids or kindergartners. The post 55+ Easy Activities for 5 Year Olds appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.
AHEAD: Banish boredom in your house with these 55+ super fun hands on and easy activities and crafts for 5 year olds or kindergartners.
Do you have a 5 year old or kindergartner at home? Then this is the ultimate list for you. Here are 55+ amazing activity ideas to do with your 5 year old or kindergartner. From building an aquarium to making 2 ingredient silly putty to making paper houses and cork boats, there are tons and tons of really cool ideas your 5 year old will love.
This amazing list is organized into 4 sections:
- Boredom Busting Activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Fun Learning Activities
- Sensory Activities
OK Let the fun begin!
Boredom Busting Activities for 5 Year Olds
- Make a chalk maze – create a maze for toy cars using sidewalk chalk
3. Build a fort – used blankets, cushions and chairs to build the ultimate retreat nook. Dontas forget to add lots and lots of books!
4. Build a marble Run – use cardboard, construction paper, tape and marbles. Roll the construction paper up to make a tube and tape them to the cardboard to make a marble run.
5. Make silly putty.
6. Giant Dots and Boxes.
8. Nature Tea Party – Collect things from your backyard like rocks, leaves, dirt and flowers to make a nature tea using your favourite tea set or a jug and cups.
10. Magnetic Tile Ramps.
11. DIY Post-It Dominoes.
Arts & Crafts for 5 Year Olds
12. Three Marker Colouring Challenge – Close your eyes and choose three markers from a pile. Use those colours and only those three colours to colour a favourite coloring page.
13. Make crazy hats – Construction paper, tape and scissors. Create the craziest looking hats you can using cut out lighten bolts, spirals, and different shapes.
15. Build Easter Egg Boats
16. Draw to music.
17. Giant Nail Painting Activity.
18. Make a garden sensory bottle.
19. Paint Kindness Rocks – paint rocks using washable paints and brushes and once dry write kind messages on them.
20. Textured Rainbow Sun Catcher Craft
21. Family Portrait Sticky Wall.
22. Make An Aquarium.
23. Cardboard Picture Frame Craft
24. Giant Baby Doll Colouring – Not into baby dolls? Trace cars and trucks to decorate them!
25. Textured Heart Sun Catcher Craft
26. Potato Masher Ice Cream Craft
27. Gems and Water Colour Flower Craft
Fun Learning Activities for 5 Year Olds
28. Baby Doll Haircuts.
29. Colour by Addition – Parents write simple addition or subtraction problems in each section of a colouring paper. Then create a key idenifitin which colour each answer should be. For instance if the answer is 3 then colour that second red.
31. Build The Alphabet Sticky Wall
32. Spray Bottle Letters – use a spray bottle to make letters on a fence or on a sidewalk.
33. Ice Cream Skip Counting Sticky Wall – Supplies: contact paper, masking tape, foam sheets, scissors and black sharpie.
34. Build A Magnetic Tile Clock – use magnetic tiles to make a giant clock. Use post it notes for the numbers or washable chalk markers.
35. Rubber Duck Math Race
36. DIY Egg Carton Ten-Frame Game
37. Magnetic Tile Ten Frame Game
38. Ocean Sight Word Sensory Bin
39. Ten Frame Sensory Bag
40. Dot Sticker Sight Words
41. One More One Less with Dot Stickers
42. Post-it Memory Game
43. Mystery Math: A Crayon Resist Activity
44. Toilet Paper Roll Skip Counting
Sensory Activities for 5 Year olds
45. Cork Boat Sensory Bin – make boats out of corks, elastic bands, toothpicks and foam sheets for the sails. Fill a sensory bin with water and blue food colouring, fish, sharks and sea shells.
46. Ocean Sensory Bottles
47. Wash the Horses Sensory Bin – fill a sensory bin with water and bubble bath to make bubbles. Add horse toys, combs and wash clothes.
48. Cloud Dough Kitchen
49. Textured Playdough Activity
50. One- Step Slime Sensory Bin
51. Under The Sea Bath
52. Make Shaving Cream Worms – use shaving cream, colander and a large bowl to make shaving cream worms. Turn large bowl upside down, cover the top with shaving cream, press colander down on the shaving cream to let it squeeze through the holes of the colander.
53. Shaving Cream and Baby Doll Sensory Bin
54. We’re Going on a Bear Hunt Sensory Bin
55. PAW Patrol Play Dough Tray
56. Colour Mixing Tea Party
WILL YOU DO ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES WITH YOUR 5 YEAR OLD? PIN IT FOR LATER!
The post 55+ Easy Activities for 5 Year Olds appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.