Caramel biscuits – Just what you need for teatime
Grab your apron and baking gear. Switch on the kettle and get ready for a delightful teatime snack coming your way.
Brighten up teatime with a delicious batch of caramel biscuits. Gently flavoured with caramel, these biscuits are the perfect variation you need as a teatime snack.
These caramel biscuits are quick and easy to whip together. You can have them prepared and baked in about 30 minutes. Just the kind of recipe you need if you learn you are having guests over for teatime and your cookie jars are all empty!
If you want to make these caramel biscuits extra special and tasty, make sure you have some caramel chips at hand. They add another dimension of delicious sweetness to these crunchy biscuits.
This recipe makes 30 servings which sounds like quite a lot. But if you have a house full of people who love a sweet treat, you will be surprised how fast these delightful cookies will disappear. So, the best practice for mum is to bake two batches and hide the second batch for a special occasion.
Caramel biscuits recipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
100 g butter, softened
½ cup castor sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon caramel essence
1 large egg
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon corn flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup caramel chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190℃.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, castor sugar and dark brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the caramel essence and egg and beat until just combined.
- Sift in the flour, corn flour and baking soda into the butter mixture and mix until a soft dough is formed. Add in caramel chips and mix until well combined.
- Line a tray with baking paper and roll two teaspoons of dough into a ball and place on the tray. Leave enough space between each biscuit as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and leave them to rest on the tray for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @the.south.african on Instagram and hashtag it #recipes
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.