Child falls to his death at popular Bloemfontein shopping mall

A family who had just been shopping at the popular local mall searched frantically for their three year old child who had gone missing.

Child falls to his death at popular Bloemfontein shopping mall

A shopping trip ended in tragedy for a Freestate family when their three year old child fell to his death at a Bloemfontein Shopping mall on Sunday afternoon. 

SAPS regional spokesperson Brigadier Motantsi Makhele said that the family of four, from Bergman Square, had visited the mall to do their shopping when the incident occurred. 

Makhele said that the family had done their shopping and headed towards the parking area in the afternoon.

“At about 2:30pm they headed towards the parking area identified as M3 with the intention to leave the building. The father remained behind to pay for the parking ticket and when he joined the other members of the family he noticed that the three year old son was missing,” Makhele said.

Makhele said that the family immediately started searching for the child until they met a security officer who informed them that their son had fallen to the ground. 

“They rushed to the spot where the child’s lifeless body was lying. Parkweg police and paramedics were called and the child was declared dead on the scene,” Makhele said.

“An Inquest docket was opened at Parkweg Police Station for further investigation.”

Meanwhile, Makhele said police had earlier arrested two suspects 

from Lenasia in Gauteng with counterfeit cigarettes worth about R586 000. The suspects were caught in a roadblock on the N3 near Harrismith on Saturday at around 9.45pm.

“Joint law enforcement agencies at the N3 roadblock

stopped a silver Grey Nissan NP300.  It was searched and police found 28 sealed boxes containing 50 cartons of cigarettes and another loose 100 cartons. Each carton consisting of 10 packets were found loaded at the back of the bakkie,” Makhele said.

“The suspects failed to provide any proof of purchase nor delivery invoice.”

Both suspects are expected to appear in the Harrismith Magistrates’ court on Monday 2 August 2021 to face a charge of possession of  counterfeit goods.

Source : The South African More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Faf de Klerk under injury cloud, Springboks call up Jaden Hendrikse

Sharks scrumhalf Jaden Hendrikse has earned a maiden - and surprise - call-up to the Springbok squad ahead of the third and final Test against the British & Irish Lions.

Faf de Klerk under injury cloud, Springboks call up Jaden Hendrikse

Sharks scrumhalf Jaden Hendrikse has earned a maiden – and surprise – call-up to the Springbok squad ahead of the third and final Test against the British & Irish Lions.

This comes amid injury doubts around first-choice No 9 Faf de Klerk.

WATCH | BRITISH & IRISH LIONS CLAP SPRINGBOKS OFF THE FIELD

De Klerk, who started both the first and second Tests against the British & Irish Lions, suffered what appeared to be a leg injury after a clearance kick in the second half of the second Test at the Cape Town Stadium on Saturday

The 29-year-old was shortly afterwards replaced by Herschel Jantjies.

READ | DUANE VERMEULEN JOINS SPRINGBOK CAMP

Sharks chief executive Eduard Coetzee confirmed on social media on Sunday that Jaden Hendrikse has been drafted into the Springbok squad.

It appears unlikely that Hendrikse will play in the final Test – even if De Klerk fails to overcome his injury.

The Springboks still have Herschel Jantjies and Cobus Reinach in the squad.

Hendrikse, 21, was red-carded in the Sharks’ second match against the British & Irish Lions for elbowing Liam Williams.

He was handed a three-match ban (reduced from six weeks) but has served that time by missing Currie Cup matches against the Pumas, Bulls and Cheetahs.

Source : The South African More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.