Deontay Wilder: “Enough Has Been Said, It’s Time To Cut Off His Head”

By: Hans Themistode For the first time in well over a year, Deontay Wilder met face to face with the man who handed him the first defeat of his career in Tyson Fury. The two originally faced off in February of 2020 with Fury walking away with the one-sided win via seventh-round stoppage win. Since then, the two have gone back and forth in the courtroom as Wilder sought to enforce his contractually mandated rematch. After several months of deliberation, Wilder was awarded the winner of their dispute. During the entire ordeal, Wilder stood mostly silent as Fury would routinely rip him in the public eye. Now, after locking in an official fight date of July 24th, Wilder believes that the time for talking is just about over with. “Enough has been said,” said Wilder during today’s press conference. “It’s time to cut off his head. Come July the 24, there will be bloodshed. Get your tickets now and I’ll see you soon.” Fury, 32, was originally blindsided by Wilder’s victory in court. The current WBC and Ring Magazine heavyweight titlist was in the midst of negotiating an undisputed showdown against unified champion Anthony Joshua. Those plans, however, have fallen by the wayside as Wilder will, in fact, get exactly what he was looking for. Recently, Fury revealed that training camp to face Wilder for a third time has officially begun. And while he’s confident that he’ll have more than enough time to deal with Wilder, the Alabama native disclosed that he has been working on his craft ever since suffering the upset loss. For a number of months now, Wilder has unveiled several workout videos of himself and trainer Malik Scott. While the power was still evident, the Alabama native also showed off a more refined game, working on his jab, head movement and work to the body. At no point over the course of his career has Wilder ever been lauded for his boxing ability but considering that his patent one-punch knockout power couldn’t lead him to victory, Wilder has worked on the rest of his game. With the added time off, the former long-reigning champion simply can’t wait to show off the new wrinkles to his game. “I’ve been training non-stop during the pandemic and I’ve been building. All this time between fights is going to be good for me and bad for him. I’ve had nothing but time to progress. Whatever he does on July 24, we will have an answer for it. I’m training very hard and my mind is very violent. I’m ready to go.” The post Deontay Wilder: “Enough Has Been Said, It’s Time To Cut Off His Head” appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.

Deontay Wilder: “Enough Has Been Said, It’s Time To Cut Off His Head”

By: Hans Themistode

For the first time in well over a year, Deontay Wilder met face to face with the man who handed him the first defeat of his career in Tyson Fury. The two originally faced off in February of 2020 with Fury walking away with the one-sided win via seventh-round stoppage win.

Since then, the two have gone back and forth in the courtroom as Wilder sought to enforce his contractually mandated rematch. After several months of deliberation, Wilder was awarded the winner of their dispute.

During the entire ordeal, Wilder stood mostly silent as Fury would routinely rip him in the public eye. Now, after locking in an official fight date of July 24th, Wilder believes that the time for talking is just about over with.

“Enough has been said,” said Wilder during today’s press conference. “It’s time to cut off his head. Come July the 24, there will be bloodshed. Get your tickets now and I’ll see you soon.”

Fury, 32, was originally blindsided by Wilder’s victory in court. The current WBC and Ring Magazine heavyweight titlist was in the midst of negotiating an undisputed showdown against unified champion Anthony Joshua. Those plans, however, have fallen by the wayside as Wilder will, in fact, get exactly what he was looking for.

Recently, Fury revealed that training camp to face Wilder for a third time has officially begun. And while he’s confident that he’ll have more than enough time to deal with Wilder, the Alabama native disclosed that he has been working on his craft ever since suffering the upset loss.

For a number of months now, Wilder has unveiled several workout videos of himself and trainer Malik Scott. While the power was still evident, the Alabama native also showed off a more refined game, working on his jab, head movement and work to the body.

At no point over the course of his career has Wilder ever been lauded for his boxing ability but considering that his patent one-punch knockout power couldn’t lead him to victory, Wilder has worked on the rest of his game. With the added time off, the former long-reigning champion simply can’t wait to show off the new wrinkles to his game.

“I’ve been training non-stop during the pandemic and I’ve been building. All this time between fights is going to be good for me and bad for him. I’ve had nothing but time to progress. Whatever he does on July 24, we will have an answer for it. I’m training very hard and my mind is very violent. I’m ready to go.”

The post Deontay Wilder: “Enough Has Been Said, It’s Time To Cut Off His Head” appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.

Source : Boxing Insider More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Fury-Wilder Press Conference Proves To Be A Strange Affair

By: Sean Crose Well, that was interesting. Things are almost guaranteed to get odd when WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder get within a hundred yards of each other. Perhaps no one, however, could have predicted exactly how strange Tuesday's press conference to kick off the promotion of Fury-Wilder 3 would be. The bout, which is scheduled to go down on July 24th in Las Vegas, has come about courtesy of arbitration, but there is plenty of bad blood to be found between the two fighters - or at least there's plenty of bad blood to be found on behalf of Wilder. The first fight between the two men, which went down in late 2018, was ruled a draw, courtesy of Fury, who had been outboxing his man, hitting the mat twice. The rematch, which went down in early 2020, was completely different from the first bout. Fury was the aggressor this time around, a tactic that proved so effective that Wilder was stopped in the seventh. Since that time, however, Wilder has come out with some frankly strange arguments as to why he lost. Whether it's saying the costume he wore to the ring was too heavy, or accusing Fury of having suspicious gloves, or outright firing co-trainer Mark Breland for disloyalty, Wilder has indicated the loss to Fury wasn't really his fault. This sort of thinking can make for some unusual behavior, and Wilder acted in an unusual fashion on Tuesday. After getting up and briefly indicating that he was going to cut Fury's head off in July, the man known as the Bronze Bomber remained silent for the remainder of the event. Fury then decided to take the reins of the promotional kickoff himself. "Its shows how weak a mental person he is," Fury said of Wilder's silence. "I was worried about Deontay Wilder after the defeat I gave him." As for the talk of decapitation, Fury didn't seem to take it too seriously. "Heard it all before, to be fair," he said. As for doing the talking for both he and Wilder, Fury couldn't have been more clear. "I’m here to promote a fight," he said to the media. Fury also made it a point to try to get inside the head of Wilder's new trainer, Malik Scott, bringing up the fact that Scott was never a great fighter himself, and the fact that they had sparred together at one time. He's a master of head games, Fury is, a most nuanced of bullies. Perhaps Wilder's right in remaining silent, in deciding to let his fists do the talking in July. Either way, the Alabama native is most likely going have to give the performance of a lifetime. Things wrapped up on Tuesday with a faceoff between the two fighters. It lasted almost five full minutes. A strange affair indeed. The post Fury-Wilder Press Conference Proves To Be A Strange Affair appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.

Fury-Wilder Press Conference Proves To Be A Strange Affair

By: Sean Crose

Well, that was interesting. Things are almost guaranteed to get odd when WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder get within a hundred yards of each other. Perhaps no one, however, could have predicted exactly how strange Tuesday's press conference to kick off the promotion of Fury-Wilder 3 would be. The bout, which is scheduled to go down on July 24th in Las Vegas, has come about courtesy of arbitration, but there is plenty of bad blood to be found between the two fighters - or at least there's plenty of bad blood to be found on behalf of Wilder.

The first fight between the two men, which went down in late 2018, was ruled a draw, courtesy of Fury, who had been outboxing his man, hitting the mat twice. The rematch, which went down in early 2020, was completely different from the first bout. Fury was the aggressor this time around, a tactic that proved so effective that Wilder was stopped in the seventh. Since that time, however, Wilder has come out with some frankly strange arguments as to why he lost. Whether it's saying the costume he wore to the ring was too heavy, or accusing Fury of having suspicious gloves, or outright firing co-trainer Mark Breland for disloyalty, Wilder has indicated the loss to Fury wasn't really his fault.

This sort of thinking can make for some unusual behavior, and Wilder acted in an unusual fashion on Tuesday. After getting up and briefly indicating that he was going to cut Fury's head off in July, the man known as the Bronze Bomber remained silent for the remainder of the event. Fury then decided to take the reins of the promotional kickoff himself. "Its shows how weak a mental person he is," Fury said of Wilder's silence. "I was worried about Deontay Wilder after the defeat I gave him."

As for the talk of decapitation, Fury didn't seem to take it too seriously. "Heard it all before, to be fair," he said. As for doing the talking for both he and Wilder, Fury couldn't have been more clear. "I’m here to promote a fight," he said to the media. Fury also made it a point to try to get inside the head of Wilder's new trainer, Malik Scott, bringing up the fact that Scott was never a great fighter himself, and the fact that they had sparred together at one time. He's a master of head games, Fury is, a most nuanced of bullies. Perhaps Wilder's right in remaining silent, in deciding to let his fists do the talking in July. Either way, the Alabama native is most likely going have to give the performance of a lifetime.

Things wrapped up on Tuesday with a faceoff between the two fighters. It lasted almost five full minutes. A strange affair indeed.

The post Fury-Wilder Press Conference Proves To Be A Strange Affair appeared first on BoxingInsider.com.

Source : Boxing Insider More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.