‘Done deal!’ Stallone just offered Tyson Fury a role in ‘Expendables’

Sylvester Stallone has offered British boxer Tyson Fury a part in the new 'Expendables' movie following his heavyweight title win.

‘Done deal!’ Stallone just offered Tyson Fury a role in ‘Expendables’

Sylvester Stallone has offered Tyson Fury a part in the new Expendables movie.

The Rocky legend was amazed by the British fighter’s heavyweight title boxing victory over Deontay Wilder earlier this month. He described the bout as “the fight of the century” and as “great theatre.”

ALSO READ: Boozy night with Daniel Craig cost Mark Strong a Bond villain role

SYLVESTER STALLONE IS A BIG FAN OF TYSON FURY

In a video message congratulating Fury for his victory, Sly said:

“It couldn’t happen to a better guy.

“I think you have a fantastic career in movies. So, the next Expendables? Done deal!” The Rambo actor continued.

Sly has been working on the fourth instalment of the Expendables and will star alongside Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Megan Fox and Andy Garcia in the action flick.

SYLVESTER STALLONE’S LAST ‘EXPENDABLES’

The Hollywood icon has also confirmed that he will exit the series after this film and confessed that it was “bittersweet” to be “passing the baton” to Jason Statham and his “capable hands”.

“EXPENDABLES finale for me. Today is my last day of filming … Heading home. So they go,” he wrote on Instagram.

A post shared by Sly Stallone (@officialslystallone)

Sly said in a video:

“I just finished a very successful stunt and it’s time to be moving on. I’m enjoying it, but it’s always bittersweet when something you’ve been attached to I guess since 12 years.”

“I’m ready to pass the baton on to Jason and his capable hands.”

Sly admits that he enjoys providing “the human touch” and “escapism” in his films in addition to lots of action.

The 75-year-old actor said:

“The greatest thing is being able to provide films [and] entertainment [where] maybe there’s a little message in there, because what I try to convey in my successful films is the human touch.

“Not so much the action; the action is self-evident. But it’s just relating to the audience in a way that they can identify with whatever the mission is, with the characters at hand. Just providing escapism, and hopefully there’s a little something extra in there.”

A post shared by Sly Stallone (@officialslystallone)

ALSO READ: Roman Reigns speaks ahead of Brock Lesnar battle at Crown Jewel

Source : The South African More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Taliban strike journalists at Kabul women’s rights protest

"The situation is that the Taliban don't respect anything: not journalists - foreign and local - or women," she said

Taliban strike journalists at Kabul women’s rights protest

The Taliban struck several journalists to prevent media coverage of a women’s rights protest in Kabul on Thursday. 

A group of about 20 women marched from near the ministry of education to the ministry of finance in the Afghan capital.

WOMEN’S RIGHTS 

Wearing colourful headscarves they chanted slogans including: “Don’t politicise education”, as traffic drove by shortly before 10 am.

The women held placards saying: “We don’t have the rights to study and work”, and” “Joblessness, poverty, hunger”, as they walked with their arms in the air.

TALIBAN STRIKES 

The Taliban authorities allowed the women to walk freely for around an hour and a half, AFP journalists saw.

However, one foreign journalist was struck with the butt of a rifle by one Taliban fighter, who swore and kicked the photographer in the back as another punched him.

At least two more journalists were hit as they scattered, pursued by Taliban fighters swinging fists and launching kicks.

READ: Nigerian youths plan protest memorials a year after bloody crackdown

MARCH IN RISK 

Zahra Mohammadi, one of the protest organisers, told AFP the women were marching despite the risks they face.

“The situation is that the Taliban don’t respect anything: not journalists – foreign and local – or women,” she said. 

“The schools must reopen to girls. But the Taliban took this right from us.” 

NOT TO FEAR TALIBAN

High school girls have been blocked from returning to classes for more than a month, while many women have been banned from returning to work since the Taliban seized power in mid-August.

“My message to all girls and women is this: ‘Don’t be afraid of the Taliban, even if your family doesn’t allow you to leave your home. Don’t be afraid. Go out, make sacrifices, fight for your rights’,” Mohammadi said. 

“We have to make this sacrifice so that the next generation will be in peace.”

RETURN TO AFGHANISTAN

Children walked alongside the protest in downtown Kabul, although it was unclear if they were part of the organised group.   

Some Taliban fighters policing the march wore full camouflaged combat gear, including body armour, helmets and knee pads, while others were wearing traditional Afghan clothing.

Their weapons included US-made M16 assault rifles and AK-47s.

Unthinkable under the hardline Islamist group’s last rule in the 1990s, Afghans have staged street protests across the country since the Taliban returned to power, sometimes with several hundred people and many with women at forefront.

But a ban on unauthorised demonstrations has meant protests against Afghanistan’s new masters have dwindled.

© Agence France-Presse

Source : The South African More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.