Driver reveals grief after killing his best mate in a high-speed crash

South Australian man Nicholas Holbrook was 18 when he was killed by his best mate Phillip.

Driver reveals grief after killing his best mate in a high-speed crash

South Australian man Nicholas Holbrook was 18 when he was killed by his best mate Phillip in a high-speed crash.

Mr Holbrook died when the car he was a passenger in slammed into a tree on West Lakes Boulevard in the Adelaide suburb of Westlakes in 2009.

The crash was devastating for both the first responders that attended and Mr Holbrook's parents Glynis and Michael.

READ MORE:

In never-before-seen interviews, they're telling their stories to warn South Australians about the long-term trauma of car crashes.

Phillip, the driver, will also expose the psychological and emotional scars left by the experience of killing his best mate.

SA Police Deputy Commissioner Linda Williams said the interviews warn "that one stupid act on the road can cause life-long damage".

READ MORE:

South Australian man to reveal grief after killing his best mate in a high-speed car crash

"Nobody wants to live with that guilt," Deputy Commissioner Williams said.

Appearing on TV from Sunday, the campaign includes 13 different commercials which will be released gradually to build the story of Mr Holbrook's crash from various perspectives.

The first will be Phillip's account of the moment he learned his driving had caused his best mate's death.

The campaign will also appear on billboards, in shopping centres, online and on social media.

READ MORE:

Police Minister Vincent Tarzia said these are "real stories told by real people".

"I can't see a situation where people wouldn't be affected in some way by these heartbreaking stories," Mr Tarzia said.

"Watching this campaign resonated with me on so many levels – as a father-to-be, a son, a brother, a friend."

Source : 9 News More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Man injured by jaguar after crossing zoo barrier

The attack occurred at the Range of the Jaguar display at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, Florida.

Man injured by jaguar after crossing zoo barrier

A man was injured by a jaguar at a Florida zoo after climbing over a barrier and moving too close to the animal's enclosure, officials said.

The attack occurred at the Range of the Jaguar display at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, the Florida Times-Union reported.

The man was hospitalised with non-life-threatening injuries, zoo officials said.

He climbed over a waist-high safety barrier that puts about 1.2 metres of empty space between visitors and the jaguar exhibit’s fence, zoo spokeswoman Kelly Rouillard said.

The man began taunting the jaguar and reached his hand through the fence, she said.

READ MORE

A 12-year-old big cat named Harry swiped at the man and injured him.

Rouillard said the feline was acting as part of his normal behaviour for a wild animal and didn't expect anything to happen to him.

Officials confirmed that Harry was involved in a fight that left another jaguar dead earlier this year.

Zoo officials said they don't plan to pursue criminal charges against the injured man, whose name wasn't released.

Source : 9 News More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.