Handprint Heart Tree Craft for Valentine’s Day
Handprint Heart Tree Craft is an easy craft for toddlers and preschooler to do this Valentine's. Give this heart tree as a card for a loved one. The post Handprint Heart Tree Craft for Valentine’s Day appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.
AHEAD: Handprint Heart Tree Craft is a beautiful and easy craft for toddlers and preschooler to do this Valentine’s Day. Create this heart tree as a fun craft for kids or as a card for a loved one.
Here is a fun and easy Valentine’s Day craft and keepsake that your kids can make! I made these with my twins (newly 3 years old) and they turned out to be amazing and even my little one who isn’t into doing crafts loved this one. There is a little bit of everything in this craft: painting, gluing and even cutting for preschoolers and older kids! Plus it makes a wonderful Valentine’s Day card for grandparents, teachers or loved ones!
Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
How to Make Handprint Heart Tree Craft
- Tell your toddler or preschooler that they are going to make a heart tree! Show them a picture of the craft before hand or make one yourself so they can see what they will create! Ask them what colour is the trunk of a tree (there are lots of opportunities for learning even when doing crafts!)
- Fold a piece of white card stock or white construction paper in half.
- Grab pink, red or purple construction paper, fold it in half and cut out small hearts. (You can let your preschoolers try cutting a few themselves as well. Draw the outline of a large one for them to cut).
- Grab a paper plate and pour out some washable brown paint. Use a paint brush to paint your child’s palm and forearm.
- Help toddlers with this part and let preschoolers do it themselves. On the front of the card, have them stamp their hand and arm to create the trunk and branches of a tree. Make sure they spread their fingers out wide like the branches of a tree. Set it aside to dry.
- Let them glue the small hearts all over the tree branches.
- Once dry use a black sharpie to write your message on the outside and inside of the card.
Looking for more Fun Valentine’s Day Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 25+ Fun Valentines Day Activities for Toddlers
- 8 Valentines Day Sticky Walls
- 15+ Valentines Day Crafts for Toddlers
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White card stock or construction paper
- Pink, purple or red construction paper
- Brown washable paints
- Paper Plate
- Paint Brush
- Black sharpie
WILL YOU TRY HANDPRINT HEART TREE VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFT WITH YOUR TODDLER OR PRESCHOOLER? PIN IT FOR LATER!
The post Handprint Heart Tree Craft for Valentine’s Day appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.