‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace

“I think he brought fire when … The post ‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace appeared first on Football365.

‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace

Albert Sambi Lokonga has praised Alexandre Lacazette for the impact he brought off the bench as Arsenal drew 2-2 against Crystal Palace on Monday evening.

The French striker was introduced by Mikel Arteta after 67 minutes with the score level at 1-1. He instantly revved the crowd noise up by passionately gesturing towards the fans.

He then scored an equaliser deep into injury time to rescue a draw for the Gunners.



And Lokonga felt the 30-year-old showed the spirit the rest of the team required to come back and earn a share of the spoils.

“I think Lacazette did well today,” he said.

“He backed me, he backed the team. I think when we come on we have to bring this mentality that Lacazette did.

“I think he brought fire when he came on and that’s what we need to try to do every time somebody comes on.”

Lokonga had replaced the injured at half-time and was at fault for Palace’s second goal – losing the ball in midfield before Edouard fired the visitors ahead.

Thomas Partey had already made the error which led to Benteke’s strike and the Belgium youngster was unhappy with the way let their lead slip.

“I think they (the goals) are from two mistakes, one of them mine as well,” Lokonga said.

“It is an area where I cannot lose the ball, so it is difficult to speak about the goals when I made a mistake.

“It is difficult to say that we started the game well because we only had the goal. I think after that we relaxed too much because we had to look for the second goal, we had to put more pressure on them and we didn’t.

“I want to play the next game as quick as possible. When you play a game like this, you are hungry inside because I made a mistake. I want to play the next game as quick as possible to change everything.”

 

The post ‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Journalist rejects reports Man Utd ‘have called’ Zidane

Zidane has won three Champions League … The post Journalist rejects reports Man Utd ‘have called’ Zidane appeared first on Football365.

Journalist rejects reports Man Utd ‘have called’ Zidane

A journalist has claimed Zinedine Zidane would not consider a move to the Premier League despite reports linking him with Manchester United.

In just five years of senior management – having also managed Real Madrid’s Castilla side for two years between 2014 and 2016 – Zidane won two La Liga titles, a Spanish Super Cup, three Champions Leagues, two UEFA Super Cups and two FIFA Club World Cups with Los Blancos.

He left Real in the summer for the second time with Carlo Ancelotti replacing him at the Bernabeu – but he is yet to find a new managerial role.



The former France international was , while .

Pressure has been building over the last couple of weeks for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after only managing to guide Man Utd to two wins in their last seven matches in all competitions.

The Red Devils’ 4-2 defeat against Leicester City on Saturday means they have only got one point from their last three Premier League matches and the club now sit sixth in the table.

) have linked both former Chelsea and Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte and Zidane as replacements for Solskjaer at Old Trafford.

A panelist on one of their shows, Eduardo Inda, claimed that Man United ‘have called’ Zidane ‘by recommendation of Cristiano Ronaldo’.

But French journalist Frédéric Hermel, who has interviewed Zidane on numerous occasions, has dismissed reports linking the World Cup winner to England as Zidane ‘has never been interested in the Premier League and surely never will be’.

Speaking at press conference on Tuesday, Solskjaer admitted there was pressure on him but insisted Man Utd have made progress under his management.

Solskjaer said: “We’ve progressed over the years. Sixth in half season, third, second. You can see the progress.

“We have signed players which have raised expectations but we are in same boat as other top teams. Pressure on me of course but we have been through this before.

“I am in dialogue with club all the time, it is an open and honest discussion.”

 

The post Journalist rejects reports Man Utd ‘have called’ Zidane appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.