Howe ‘in discussions’ with Newcastle as Bruce sack looms

Howe has been out of management … The post Howe ‘in discussions’ with Newcastle as Bruce sack looms appeared first on Football365.

Howe ‘in discussions’ with Newcastle as Bruce sack looms

Former Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe is ‘in discussions’ to replace Steve Bruce at Newcastle United, according to reports.

The 43-year-old has been out of management since leaving the Cherries following their relegation to the Championship in 2019/20.

He was linked with the Celtic job in the summer, as well as posts at Sheffield United and Crystal Palace.



His name has often been put in the fray when discussing the Newcastle job, but he has never been a frontrunner to replace Bruce.

However, claim that Howe has emerged as a surprise name and is ‘in discussions’ with the Magpies.

The report also states that Paolo Fonseca, Frank Lampard, Lucien Favre and Steven Gerrard are in the mix, with the latter being ‘highly rated by the hierarchy’.

Also, reports claim Bruce is likely to be sacked in the ‘near future’ after the Magpies took their winless run in the Premier League this season to eight matches on Sunday.

Newcastle lost 3-2 to Tottenham in a scoreline which flattered the home side to pile more pressure on the former Sunderland boss.

The 60-year-old’s time at St James’ has been difficult. His relationship with the fans has been rocky, to say the least, due to the negative style of football his team plays.

Having said that, he guided the Toon to a 12th place finish last season, despite looking in a precarious position for the majority of 2020/21.

Another surprise name who has been linked with the hot seat at St James’ Park is Derby County boss Wayne Rooney.

This is according to SportBible. They claim that .

The 35-year-old is currently in charge of Championship outfit Derby, who recently went into administration and are in great danger of dropping down into the third tier.

Also reported by the Chronicle, Rooney would like to bring in former Toon goalkeeper Shay Given as part of his coaching staff.

Given previously worked as a first-team coach with the Rams under the ex-Everton striker and spent eight years at St James’.

 

The post Howe ‘in discussions’ with Newcastle as Bruce sack looms appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace

“I think he brought fire when … The post ‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace appeared first on Football365.

‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace

Albert Sambi Lokonga has praised Alexandre Lacazette for the impact he brought off the bench as Arsenal drew 2-2 against Crystal Palace on Monday evening.

The French striker was introduced by Mikel Arteta after 67 minutes with the score level at 1-1. He instantly revved the crowd noise up by passionately gesturing towards the fans.

He then scored an equaliser deep into injury time to rescue a draw for the Gunners.



And Lokonga felt the 30-year-old showed the spirit the rest of the team required to come back and earn a share of the spoils.

“I think Lacazette did well today,” he said.

“He backed me, he backed the team. I think when we come on we have to bring this mentality that Lacazette did.

“I think he brought fire when he came on and that’s what we need to try to do every time somebody comes on.”

Lokonga had replaced the injured at half-time and was at fault for Palace’s second goal – losing the ball in midfield before Edouard fired the visitors ahead.

Thomas Partey had already made the error which led to Benteke’s strike and the Belgium youngster was unhappy with the way let their lead slip.

“I think they (the goals) are from two mistakes, one of them mine as well,” Lokonga said.

“It is an area where I cannot lose the ball, so it is difficult to speak about the goals when I made a mistake.

“It is difficult to say that we started the game well because we only had the goal. I think after that we relaxed too much because we had to look for the second goal, we had to put more pressure on them and we didn’t.

“I want to play the next game as quick as possible. When you play a game like this, you are hungry inside because I made a mistake. I want to play the next game as quick as possible to change everything.”

 

The post ‘He brought the fire’ – Sambi hails Lacazette impact vs Palace appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.