Jail after man's attack on Thredbo boss while dresses as Chewbacca

Nearly four years ago Keith Wass took to the slopes dressed as Chewbacca and he was a crowd favourite before two parents complained about his bizarre behaviour.

Jail after man's attack on Thredbo boss while dresses as Chewbacca

A man has been jailed for more than two years for bashing the boss of a Thredbo ski resort after he was kicked off the slopes for bizarre behaviour while dressed up as a Star Wars character.

Nearly four years ago Keith Wass took to the slopes dressed as Chewbacca and he was a crowd favourite before two parents complained about his bizarre behaviour.

Thredbo CEO Jordan Rodgers told Wass he was being kicked off the slopes, the resort boss was then knocked unconscious with a snowboard, needing surgery to remove part of a tooth from his cheek.

READ MORE:

In a victim impact statement, Rodgers said the the attack changed him forever.

"I experience anxiety whenever Star Wars is mentioned … I am forever looking over my shoulder, imagining someone might be coming from behind".

Wass identifies as a "Pastafarian" and the colander he wore on his head to court is a symbol for the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Chewbacca attack

It was agreed in court that he suffers from mental health issues, but the judge refused to accept that as an excuse for the attack.

Wass was sentenced to a maximum two years and four months behind bars.

He refused to do community service which effectively ruled him out of a suspended sentence.

He will be eligible for parole in October next year.

Source : 9 News More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Human remains found in search for missing woman, Kelly 'Ju' Zhang

Detectives have located what they believe to be human remains in their search for missing Melbourne woman, Kelly 'Ju' Zhang.

Human remains found in search for missing woman, Kelly 'Ju' Zhang

Detectives have located what they believe to be human remains in their search for missing Melbourne mum Kelly 'Ju' Zhang.

Police began a search for the 33-year-old at the Wollert landfill site on Bridge Inn Road on June 15.

After three days of scouring the location, officers found what they believe to be human remains and a crime scene was established just before 2pm today.

READ MORE:

Ms Zhang was last seen at her Winchester Avenue home in Epping about 5.30pm on February 1 before she disappeared.

The coroner has been notified of the discovery and a post mortem will be performed.

On Tuesday, Detective Inspector Andrew Stamper said the search would involve three essential phases using mechanical and physical aspects, including machinery and about 20 police members rummaging through waste.

"We are going to undertake a highly complex search out here," Detective Inspector Stamper said.

"Clearly it's a very complex environment in terms of a risk point of view."

Police had narrowed the search to a "very specific" area through technology.

Detective Inspector Stamper said he remained "hopeful" the search would help police find Ms Zhang and give her family comfort.

"This is a massive undertaking on our part. All the planning involved getting us to this point where we are today," Detective Inspector Stamper said.

Ms Zhang's parents arrived in Australia several weeks ago from China with police staying in constant contact with them.

"Ju's parents arrived several weeks ago from China. They refused to believe that Ju has passed away. They are in a strange country, they don't speak English," Detective Inspector Stamper said.

"They are distraught. This has been an incredibly difficult few months for them, however, our investigators are as tenacious and committed as ever."

The expanded search area comes after a number of searches for the woman took place in bushland in the Heidelberg West and Alphington areas earlier this year.

At the time Ms Zhang went missing, she was believed to be wearing a pink nightgown and possibly pink slippers.

Ms Zhang's partner, Joon Seong Tan, 35, has since been charged with her murder.

Mr Tan was arrested on February 10 after police found him at Melbourne Airport.

"While we do have someone before the court, it is important that we continue to follow up all avenues in terms of Ju's current location," Detective Inspector Stamper said.

"If there is anyone out there with information about Ju's disappearance who is yet to speak to police, then I am again appealing for them to come forward and make contact with investigators."

Source : 9 News More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.