Kroenkes make decision to stick with Arteta next season

Arsenal are on course for their … The post Kroenkes make decision to stick with Arteta next season appeared first on Football365.

Kroenkes make decision to stick with Arteta next season

Arsenal are set to stick with Mikel Arteta next season despite failing to reach the Europa League final and being on course for their worst Premier League finish since 1995.

The Gunners were knocked out at the semi-final stage of the Europa League by Villarreal on Thursday – a competition seen as Arteta’s “rescue package” after a disappointing domestic season.

His side currently sit ninth in the table and face the likely prospect of no European football next season.


OPINION: Havertz ain’t broke, so why do Chelsea need their striker fix?


But the Mirror claims the Kroenkes have already made the decision to stick with the Spaniard next season, trusting the “process”.

Arteta admitted the defeat to Villarreal “really hurt” but is adamant he will continue to “push” to do better at Arsenal.

He said: “What I felt last night was a deep pain.

“The moment the club is in at the moment, with everything it has been through over the last months, I had a feeling that if we could take the team to the final, it could be a great turning point.

“I felt that responsibility and I was so eager to achieve that because I knew it could be a defining moment. Not being able to achieve it, has been really tough personally obviously.

“I know that we have disappointed a lot of people as well, and that really hurts because we want to give the best to everybody but one thing I made clear is that to do what we want to do, I have no doubts that we are going to achieve it. If not, I wouldn’t be sat here.”

“I understand those concerns because when you are out of the Champions League for five years it is not just a casualty, it’s a trend,” he said when asked if he understood why fans may fear Arsenal are becoming a mid-table club.

“There are facts to support that trend and as well defined years how it was achieved the Champions League as well.

“So, there are things to change, that’s for sure because you no one is going to accept that at this football club.

“I am not going to accept that and the fans are not going to accept that. So we all have to push together to achieve something very different.

“I take full responsibility for my part, for sure, since I arrived here what I have tried to do, giving my life, my best ability, investing every drop of energy that I have emotionally to support everything that has been going around with my knowledge, with staff, with all the players that are trying to contribute with all the club to give our best.

“But so far it has not been enough and this when the question mark comes, why it is not enough? Is it just a thing? Is it the manager? Is it many other stuff? What is it? And then this is football.

“Again, I repeat myself, last night that ball goes in, we win 1-0. You are in the final and it is a different world. But today that world doesn’t look very nice.”

 

The post Kroenkes make decision to stick with Arteta next season appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Real, Barca and Juve stand firm on ESL despite UEFA warning

The trio of founders have reiterated … The post Real, Barca and Juve stand firm on ESL despite UEFA warning appeared first on Football365.

Real, Barca and Juve stand firm on ESL despite UEFA warning

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have hit back at UEFA after the governing body announced that the three remaining founders involved in the European Super League would face “appropriate action” for their part in the plans.

The European giants were three of 12 clubs – including the Premier League’s ‘big six’ – who announced themselves as founder members of the breakaway league on April 18, but within 72 hours it had fallen apart, with the English clubs withdrawing after fan protests and Government pressure.

Inter Milan, AC Milan and Atletico Madrid also withdrew and on Friday the nine clubs that renounced the Super League declared their commitment to UEFA and its competitions at continental and domestic level.


MAILBOX: Arteta could learn a thing or two from Solskjaer’s ‘humility’


Real, Barca and Juve, however, were issued with a warning by UEFA, with the statement announcing the agreement with the other nine clubs concluding: “UEFA has reserved all rights to take whatever action it deems appropriate against those clubs that have so far refused to renounce the so-called ‘Super League’.

“The matter will promptly be referred to the competent UEFA disciplinary bodies.”

The three remaining clubs have now questioned UEFA’s actions, after they announced in the wake of the Super League collapse that “we are convinced our proposal is fully aligned with European law and regulations as was demonstrated today by a court decision to protect the Super League from third party actions”.

A statement from the three clubs read: “The founding clubs have suffered, and continue to suffer, unacceptable third-party pressures, threats, and offenses to abandon the project and therefore desist from their right and duty to provide solutions to the football ecosystem via concrete proposals and constructive dialogue.

“This is intolerable under the rule of law and Tribunals have already ruled in favour of the Super League proposal, ordering FIFA and UEFA to, either directly or through their affiliated bodies, refrain from taking any action which may hinder this initiative in any way while court proceedings are pending.”

The statement also defended the Super League plans and while the trio said they were willing to “reconsider the proposed approach, as necessary”, they reiterated their desire for major reforms to the game.

The statement continued: “We are fully aware of the diversity of reactions to the Super League initiative and, consequently, of the need to reflect on the reasons for some of them. We are ready to reconsider the proposed approach, as necessary.

“However, we would be highly irresponsible if, being aware of the needs and systemic crisis in the football sector, which led us to announce the Super League, we abandoned such mission to provide effective and sustainable answers to the existential questions that threaten the football industry.

“We regret to see that our friends and founding partners of the Super League project have now found themselves in such inconsistent and contradictory position when signing a number of commitments to UEFA yesterday.

“However, given that the material issues that led the 12 founding clubs to announce the Super League weeks ago have not gone away, we reiterate that, to honour our history, to comply with our obligations towards our stakeholders and fans, for the good of football and for the financial sustainability of the sector, we have the duty to act in a responsible manner and persevere in the pursuit of adequate solutions, despite the unacceptable and ongoing pressures and threats received from UEFA.

“Mostly, we reiterate to FIFA, UEFA and all football stakeholders, as we have done on several occasions since the announcement of the Super League, our commitment and firm will to discuss, with respect and without intolerable pressure and in accordance with the rule of law, the most appropriate solutions for the sustainability of the whole football family.”

 

The post Real, Barca and Juve stand firm on ESL despite UEFA warning appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.