Man Wounded In Late Sunday Night San Francisco Bayview Shooting

A 29-year-old man was hospitalized Monday with a gunshot wound after a late Sunday night shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District

Man Wounded In Late Sunday Night San Francisco Bayview Shooting

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A 29-year-old man was hospitalized Monday with a gunshot wound after a late Sunday night shooting in San Francisco’s Bayview District.

San Francisco police said the shooting took place at around 9:22 p.m. in the 1100 block of Carroll Ave.

Investigators said the victim was in his car and heard gunshots, then realized he was hit and was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not life-threatening.

No arrest has been made in the case and no suspect information was immediately available from police.

Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call the Police Department’s anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with “SFPD” at the start of the message.

Source : CBS San Francisco More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Coronavirus Update: Caltrans Allows Food Trucks At Highway Rest Areas During Public Health Emergency

Caltrans is allowing the temporary operation of food trucks in 86 state rest areas that will provide food for highway truck drivers and motorists and revenue for food truck operators during the COVID-19 public health emergency.

Coronavirus Update: Caltrans Allows Food Trucks At Highway Rest Areas During Public Health Emergency

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Caltrans is allowing the temporary operation of food trucks in 86 state rest areas that will provide food for highway truck drivers and motorists and revenue for food truck operators during the COVID-19 public health emergency.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an executive order Thursday and the Federal Highway Administration approved a rule change in favor of the plan earlier this month. Newsom’s Executive Order N-52-20 suspends restrictions on selling commercial food at the rest stops during the current health emergency.

Food truck operators can apply for a temporary encroachment easement permit to operate at one or more of the state’s rest areas.

COMPLETE COVERAGE: CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

Caltrans will begin accepting applications from the food truckers immediately. Applicants can submit requests for specific rest areas at dot.ca.gov/programs/traffic-operations/food-trucks-rest-areas.

Operators must specify the rest areas for which they are applying.

The permits will be valid through June 15.

Food trucks are licensed locally, and each truck can only operate within the locality for which it is licensed and permitted by the local health inspector.

Many rest areas have been established in remote areas with fewer available roadside services, and Caltrans said it cannot guarantee every rest area will have food truck service or for how long.

Caltrans will post a list of participating food trucks on its website and details on each rest area are available at quickmap.dot.ca.gov.  People can click on Options and then the Rest Area box.

“Helping our truckers and facilitating the movement of essential goods during the COVID-19 crisis is a priority,” Caltrans director Toks Omishakin said. “We also hope this provides additional business opportunities for food trucks hit hard by stay-at-home health orders,” Omishaken said.

“Access to a warm meal is as essential as the truckers on our roads who continue to transport basic necessities, medical supplies and emergency equipment to communities across the state,” said Shawn Yadon, chief executive officer for the California Trucking Association.

 

© Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Source : CBS San Francisco More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.