Marathon man Kubica 'getting old' but still able to do it

Alfa Romeo reserve Robert Kubica raked up the miles as a proper marathon man in Barcelona this week... The post Marathon man Kubica 'getting old' but still able to do it appeared first on F1i.com.

Marathon man Kubica 'getting old' but still able to do it

Alfa Romeo reserve Robert Kubica raked up the miles as a proper marathon man in Barcelona this week where the Pole took part in two days of development work with Pirelli related to the manufacturer's 2022 18-inch tyres.

Kubica, who was joined at the two-day test by Red Bull's Alex Albon and Alpine's Daniil Kvyat, completed a total of 240 laps of the Circuit de Catalunya, putting Pirelli's new-spec rubber through a distance of more than three and a half races!

The 36-year-old, whose technical feedback has always been valued, admitted that it had been a tough two days grinding around the track onboard Alfa's C38B mule car.

But the 2008 Canadian GP winner had no physical issues to report and was delighted to contribute to Pirelli's development program

©AlfaRomeo

"It’s been two very busy but productive days," he said. "It’s always interesting to discover new features of the car, especially when it’s something as important as the tyres.

"These are our team’s first steps with the new 18-inch tyres so there is a lot to learn.

"We covered lots of laps, lots of miles and got a lot of data that will keep everyone busy.

  • Read also: Pirelli focused on compounds in Barcelona after finalizing construction

"It’s been a tough two days: I hadn’t been in the car for a while before last Friday and to run for two days on such a demanding track was a challenge, but one we happily completed with success."

After taking part in last week's FP1 session in Spain, Kubica is expected to be handed more Friday outings this season with Alfa Romeo.

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via and

The post Marathon man Kubica 'getting old' but still able to do it appeared first on F1i.com.

Source : F1 i More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Marko hits back at Wolff's 'complete nonsense' Volkswagen claim

Helmut Marko dismissed as "complete nonsense" Toto Wolff's claim that Red Bull could pass on Honda's power unit... The post Marko hits back at Wolff's 'complete nonsense' Volkswagen claim appeared first on F1i.com.

Marko hits back at Wolff's 'complete nonsense' Volkswagen claim

Helmut Marko dismissed as "complete nonsense" Toto Wolff's claim that Red Bull could pass on Honda's power unit intellectual property to the Volkswagen group and partner with the latter in the future.

Red Bull Powertrains will take over from next season Honda's F1 engine program which will be housed within a dedicated unit that is in the process of being built at the energy drink company's Milton Keynes campus.

Red Bull will rely on Honda's original hardware until the end of the current engine regulation cycle in F1 which is expected to conclude at the end of 2024, after which Red Bull is expected to use its own all-new power unit developed in-house to the specifications of the sport's next generation of engine rules.

But at Portimão earlier this month, Wolff suggested that Red Bull Powertrains could partner from 2025 with the Volkswagen group which recently stated that F1's future engine rules could be "of great interest".

"On one side, they are keen on doing their own power unit, but it’s no secret that the Volkswagen Group with their two brands [Porsche an Audi] is looking at Formula 1, and has been part of the discussions," Wolff said.

"So [Red Bull] can at any moment decide if they want to stick to their own power unit, or go with a top German manufacturer.

"On the other side, the arrangement they have on the IP side with Honda really makes sense. They are taking over the IP from Honda and obviously developing the new power unit into 2025.

"It could stay within Red Bull power units, or it could go to Porsche/Audi. So overall, I think it makes sense what they do."

  • Read also: Wolff reveals Red Bull approached 100 Mercedes staff

Marko has since taken exception to Wolff's last statement, insisting that while Red Bull would be open to partnering with a manufacturer, perhaps for naming rights, the idea of transferring Honda's IP to the Volkswagen group is "complete nonsense".

"He made a very unsubtle statement that we would get the patent rights from Honda and pass them on to VW," the Red Bull motorsport boss told F1-Insider.

"That’s complete nonsense, that would be unfair and it’s not planned. As long as the current regulations apply, we are solely responsible for this engine.

"But the fact we are open to partnerships in the future, be it for naming the engine or more, that is all possible and also desired so that our costs are kept within limits.

"But whether that could be the manufacturer I mentioned, or another, is completely open at this point."

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via and

The post Marko hits back at Wolff's 'complete nonsense' Volkswagen claim appeared first on F1i.com.

Source : F1 i More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.