Men And The Pets They Claimed To Not Want
Bring on the mushy and tender feelings! Dad's online have become notorious for claiming to not want any pet whatsoever.But we already know how that ends. The thing is, the didn't know just how much they'd grow to love said pet. And it's quite a lovely and magical sight to behold.Don't mind us, we get teary-eyed over absolutely everything and this is no exception.
Bring on the mushy and tender feelings! Dad's online have become notorious for claiming to not want any pet whatsoever.
But we already know how that ends. The thing is, the didn't know just how much they'd grow to love said pet. And it's quite a lovely and magical sight to behold.
Don't mind us, we get teary-eyed over absolutely everything and this is no exception.
1. “For 40 years, I was sure that I wasn’t a cat person.”
2. “We all had to beg him for a dog. 15 years later, he baby talks to Ruby and gives her more love than he does to anyone else."
3. Dad: “You will NOT bring a dog in here.” Also Dad: “Quick! Take our picture!!”
4. "He said he was “protecting him from the dog”"
5. “I don’t want this dog! I want a dog I can go hiking with like a German shepherd or a lab!” ...11 years later
6. “For 21 YEARS my dad has told my family and I ‘no dog.’ This is him one hour after getting the dog today.”
7. “She can sleep in the garage, but there’s no way she’s allowed inside the house.”
8. “We do not need another husky. It’s going to be too much money and too much hair everywhere” — My fiancé (who I might add is wearing a black shirt that’s covered in her dog hair)
9. My dad: “We do not need a cat. I do not want a cat. I will not take care of a cat.” Also my dad: Builds a handmade cat bed with wheels on it
10. My dad a year ago: “Get this rat-sized dog away from me, I don’t want anything to do with it.” Fast forward to today...
11. “My dad’s been afraid of dogs since he was little. My new puppy has finally won him over.”
12. “My grumpy dad with the pet he did not want”
13. My dad, after one week when he said, “no cats in this house”
14. My grumpy old man who, at first, said he “wanted nothing to do with that mutt” is wishing said mutt a happy 3rd birthday.
15. "Classic tale of dad meets dog"
16. "Dad went from "You're taking him with you when you leave." to "Are you really gonna take him with you??""
17. “My dad didn’t want me to get a dog. Now he takes my dog fishing almost every day.”
18. “We are never getting a dog!”
19. “A stray that wouldn’t leave turned into a daddy’s cat.”
20. “We aren’t keeping all these puppies.”
21. “My husband, who does not want a dog, giving the dog his shirt because she is cold”
22. “My dad just got a kitten.”
23. “My boyfriend who thought all cats were evil is now doing indoor rock climbing to reach her. Why? ’Cause he wanted to kiss her forehead.”