Paper Towel Roll Rocket Ship Craft
This toilet paper roll rocket ship craft is a fun and easy craft for kids. Combine it with a space unit or for Black History Month! The post Paper Towel Roll Rocket Ship Craft appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.
INSIDE: This toilet paper roll rocket ship craft is a fun and easy craft for kids. It is also a great craft to do for a space themed unit or in combination with a Black History Month activity about Mae Jemison the first black woman in space.
Have you read Mae Among the Stars? This adorable book is about Mae Jemison the first black woman in space to be admitted to NASA’s astronaut training program in 1987. In September 1992, she joined six other astronauts on a mission aboard the space shuttle Endeavour. The crew spent eight days in space (more than 190 hours), and orbited the Earth 126 times. Mae was asked to carry out crew-related experiments on board. Amongst her assignments, she tested the crew for weightlessness and motion sickness, and also looked at how tadpoles develop in zero gravity.
The Best Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Also I wrote a new book! Its called Super S.T.E.A.M Activity Book! My new book comes out Summer 2021. Stay tuned for more information!
The Best Toddler Homeschool Program
I am currently developing a new Toddler Homeschool Curriculum called Play2Learn Toddler Homeschool Program. Be sure to sign up for my newsletters so that you get first dibs when it is released!
How to Mae Jemison Rocket Ship
- Grab your paper towel roll and cover it with tin foil.
- Cut out three blue circles, two triangles, 1 circle the size of a roll of masking tape and the fire exhaust from the engines. See the pictures below.
- Make a cut in the circle to the center and roll it around to make a cone. This will become the top of the rocket ship. Glue it together to secure the cone.
- Glue the red, orange and yellow flame exhaust together. Cut a slit along each side.
- Tape the wings to the sides of the rocket ship using clear tape.
- Slide the fire exhaust up the bottom of the foil tube and over the wings. Secure it with a piece of clear tape along the back of the rocket ship and the wings.
- Glue the three windows to the front of the rocket ship
- Glue the top of the rocket ship to the top of the foil tube by putting glue along the top rim of the tube. Hold the top cone in place for a minute or two to secure it.
Looking for more Anti-Racism Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 30+ Anti-Racism Activities for Kids
- The Best Anti-Racism Toys for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Paper towel roll
- Tin foil
- Blue, red, orange, yellow and green construction paper
- Clear tape
WILL YOU TRY PAPER TOWEL ROLL ROCKET SHIP CRAFT WITH YOUR TODDLER OR PRESCHOOLER? PIN IT FOR LATER!
The post Paper Towel Roll Rocket Ship Craft appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.