Peppermint crisp tart – Another delicious twist to a favourite
The combination of fluffy cream with caramel treat and crushed peppermint crisp chocolate on a bed of biscuits is delightful.
Whenever you find yourself clueless about what to prepare as dessert, you can never go wrong with a peppermint crisp tart. This popular South African favourite is simply delicious and hits the spot time after time.
The combination of fluffy cream with caramel treat and crushed peppermint crisp chocolate on a bed of biscuits is delightful. Furthermore, if you prepare it for a hot day, this cold dessert will help everyone to cool down as well.
Peppermint crisp tart is so easy to prepare that you can even teach your young children to prepare it. The best part is that no cooking or baking is involved, making it a super safe recipe for children to prepare.
After layering your dessert, pop it into the fridge to set for at least two hours. However, the best practice is to allow the peppermint crisp tart to set overnight.
Let us know in the comments section how you prepare this South African favourite.
Peppermint crisp tart recipeCourse: DessertCuisine: South AfricanDifficulty: Easy
375 ml Orley Whip
1 can (360 g) Nestle Caramel Treat
1 pack (250 g) Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
3 bars Peppermint Crisp Chocolate (crushed/chopped)
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the Orley whip until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whip the Caramel Treat until smooth.
- Fold half the whipped Orley Whip into the Caramel treat until just combined and fold into the rest of the Orley Whip.
- Chop or crush 2 x bars of Peppermint Crisp and mix into the caramel cream mixture.
- Line the bottom of a 35 x 20 cm tray with a layer of Lotus Biscoff Biscuits (broken into halves). Cover with a layer of cream, then the second layer of biscuits and followed by a final layer of cream.
- Garnish the top of the tart with another layer of biscuits and the third bar of crushed or chopped Peppermint Crisp.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours or overnight.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @the.south.african on Instagram and hashtag it #recipes
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.