As the official uniform provider for USA Golf at the Tokyo Olympics, Adidas worked with Tokyo-based artist Hiroko Takahashi on how the red, white and blue will be presented at the Games. Takahashi is known for her minimalistic touches in her art. She used elements such as circles and straight lines to represent infinite possibilities as USA Golf works to make history in this year’s competition.
The golfers will play Kasumigaseki Country Club near Tokyo, and each round’s uniform scripting will represent a different characteristic: Round 1 – wind, Round 2 – forest, Round 3 – fire, and Round 4 – mountain.
Golf in the Games begins with the four-round men’s competition July 30-August 1, and the women will compete August 4-7.
(Shop the Hiroko Takahashi Collection at Adidas for $40-$180.)
The USA men’s outfits for the Tokyo Olympics (Adidas)
The men’s team will be fitted in Ultimate365 and Heat.Rdy polos so players can remain cool as Tokyo’s temperatures rise. The material is made of Aqua-X yarns that are built to wick away sweat.
- Round 1 men: An Ultimate365 polo in a white base with bold blue stripes.
- Round 2 men: A sport-inspired light gray printed polo with a blade collar.
- Round 3 men: A bright red polo featuring Takahashi’s unique representation of fire.
- Round 4 men: A blue polo that complements an athletic look with a single red stripe from the collar and into the sleeves for added design detail.
The men will have a blue pant option to wear as their bottoms. The pant is made with Adidas’ beltway material deigned for a soft and ventilated feel.
The USA women’s outfits for the Tokyo Olympics (Adidas)
The women will wear a mixture of Heat.Rdy and Aeroready materials to beat the Tokyo heat and play comfortably.
- Round 1 women: A crew mock short-sleeve polo with a white base and blue stripes, paired with a 16-inch Ultimate Solid Skort with a bright red under short for an additional color.
- Round 2 women: A choice between a mock collar long-sleeve shirt, short-sleeve or sleeveless polo featuring a sport collar construction. The women will pair this with a 3-inch pull-on woven short in blue with a USA logo and side slits in red.
- Round 3 women: The players will be decked out in all red.
- Round 4 women: A dress with a mock collar and hidden-zip closure. The dress is sleeveless and has an athletic cut.
“I think that I was able to design with a different perspective from when I design products for everyone to wear,” Takahashi said. “I believe that golf is a unique sport in a sense that it’s an individual sport, but you can also play it with a team. With that in my mind, I designed the USA Golf uniforms with links of circles and lines, imagining the powers of individuals coming together as one and spreading into infinite possibilities.”
We occasionally recommend interesting products, services, and gaming opportunities. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Golfweek operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.