Report: Italian DJ files charges against Conor McGregor following alleged assault: ‘He is dangerous, he needs to be stopped’

Esther Lin, MMA FightingItalian DJ and musician Francesco Facchinetti has officially filed charges against former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor over an alleged assault that took place in Rome this past weekend. According to CNN, the Carabinieri Police in Mariano Comasco confirmed that Facchinetti and his attorney pressed charges on Tuesday. The alleged altercation took place at a luxury hotel in Rome after Facchinetti claims that he was part of a group that McGregor invited to a party that night. McGregor reportedly lashed out when the group wanted to leave the party and that’s when Facchinetti claims that he was assaulted with punches to the nose and mouth. Facchinetti claims he suffered a concussion as a result of the alleged assault and that’s why he ultimately decided to press charges after talking to his wife and friends about the incident. “He is dangerous,” Facchinetti told CNN. “He needs to be stopped.” Multiple messages to McGregor’s team for comment have not been returned at this time. Facchinetti added that he hopes security footage from the St. Regis Rome hotel where the alleged incident took place will back up his claims about the assault. Representatives from the St. Regis Rome told CNN that the hotel would fully comply with the police investigation and all security camera footage has been shared with authorities. UFC president Dana White said on Tuesday that he was aware of the allegations against McGregor but hadn’t heard full details about the incident so he couldn’t offer a comment on the situation. “I honestly don’t even know enough about it to comment on it,” White said. “Obviously I’ve seen what you guys — you guys have seen more than me, actually, to be honest with you. “I haven’t talked to Conor, so I don’t know what the truth is. I don’t know exactly what happened. So to comment on it, I really can’t.” This is just the latest incident involving McGregor’s behavior outside the cage, which included an altercation at the MTV Video Music Awards in September where he nearly got into a fight with musician Machine Gun Kelly on the red carpet. McGregor has previously faced assault charges in New York after threw a moving dolly at a bus at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn while trying to go after Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team. He was also charged with assault over another incident in his native Ireland where McGregor punched a bar patron and he later pled guilty, which led to a fine being issued by the court.

Report: Italian DJ files charges against Conor McGregor following alleged assault: ‘He is dangerous, he needs to be stopped’
Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Italian DJ and musician Francesco Facchinetti has officially filed charges against former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor over an alleged assault that took place in Rome this past weekend.

According to CNN, the Carabinieri Police in Mariano Comasco confirmed that Facchinetti and his attorney pressed charges on Tuesday.

The alleged altercation took place at a luxury hotel in Rome after Facchinetti claims that he was part of a group that McGregor invited to a party that night.

McGregor reportedly lashed out when the group wanted to leave the party and that’s when Facchinetti claims that he was assaulted with punches to the nose and mouth.

Facchinetti claims he suffered a concussion as a result of the alleged assault and that’s why he ultimately decided to press charges after talking to his wife and friends about the incident.

“He is dangerous,” Facchinetti told CNN. “He needs to be stopped.”

Multiple messages to McGregor’s team for comment have not been returned at this time.

Facchinetti added that he hopes security footage from the St. Regis Rome hotel where the alleged incident took place will back up his claims about the assault.

Representatives from the St. Regis Rome told CNN that the hotel would fully comply with the police investigation and all security camera footage has been shared with authorities.

UFC president Dana White said on Tuesday that he was aware of the allegations against McGregor but hadn’t heard full details about the incident so he couldn’t offer a comment on the situation.

“I honestly don’t even know enough about it to comment on it,” White said. “Obviously I’ve seen what you guys — you guys have seen more than me, actually, to be honest with you.

“I haven’t talked to Conor, so I don’t know what the truth is. I don’t know exactly what happened. So to comment on it, I really can’t.”

This is just the latest incident involving McGregor’s behavior outside the cage, which included an altercation at the MTV Video Music Awards in September where he nearly got into a fight with musician Machine Gun Kelly on the red carpet.

McGregor has previously faced assault charges in New York after threw a moving dolly at a bus at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn while trying to go after Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team. He was also charged with assault over another incident in his native Ireland where McGregor punched a bar patron and he later pled guilty, which led to a fine being issued by the court.

Source : MMA Fighting More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Modestas Bukauskas released from UFC one month after severe knee injury

Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCModestas Bukauskas is no longer a UFC fighter after the promotion released him from contract. Bukauskas’ release comes after three consecutive octagon losses, including his most recent one in which he suffered a grisly knee injury that forced him to undergo corrective surgery this past month. The Cage Warriors veteran told MyMMANews.com that he planned to return to training in four to five months after taking an oblique kick from Khalil Rountree in the fight at UFC Vegas 36. He also underwent a procedure to make it easier to breathe due to damage to his nose suffered in the fight. “Obviously it’s extremely painful because they had to do quite a lot of stuff in there,” he said of the knee surgery. “But the main thing is that it went extremely successful. Everything went to plan and I’m on the full road to recovery. I knew it was gonna be a quite painful operation because it’s the most I’ve had done, but hey, I’ll be back firing on all cylinders whenever I come back.” “I definitely feel I’m UFC caliber and I’m ready to go on and put on a show,” he added later. “I’ve learned my lessons and I’ve learned the things I need to correct.” Bukauskas was on a seven-fight winning streak when he arrived in the octagon at UFC Fight Island 6. Coached by his father, he took on Jimmy Crute and was stopped in the first round. His second outing, against Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 260, ended in a split decision loss. But his appearance against Rountree ended in disaster. Bukauskas now reenters the open market with a 11-5 pro record. He won the Cage Warriors light heavyweight title in 2019 and defended it once before signing with the UFC.

Modestas Bukauskas released from UFC one month after severe knee injury
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC

Modestas Bukauskas is no longer a UFC fighter after the promotion released him from contract.

Bukauskas’ release comes after three consecutive octagon losses, including his most recent one in which he suffered a grisly knee injury that forced him to undergo corrective surgery this past month. The Cage Warriors veteran told MyMMANews.com that he planned to return to training in four to five months after taking an oblique kick from Khalil Rountree in the fight at UFC Vegas 36. He also underwent a procedure to make it easier to breathe due to damage to his nose suffered in the fight.

“Obviously it’s extremely painful because they had to do quite a lot of stuff in there,” he said of the knee surgery. “But the main thing is that it went extremely successful. Everything went to plan and I’m on the full road to recovery. I knew it was gonna be a quite painful operation because it’s the most I’ve had done, but hey, I’ll be back firing on all cylinders whenever I come back.”

“I definitely feel I’m UFC caliber and I’m ready to go on and put on a show,” he added later. “I’ve learned my lessons and I’ve learned the things I need to correct.”

Bukauskas was on a seven-fight winning streak when he arrived in the octagon at UFC Fight Island 6. Coached by his father, he took on Jimmy Crute and was stopped in the first round. His second outing, against Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 260, ended in a split decision loss. But his appearance against Rountree ended in disaster.

Bukauskas now reenters the open market with a 11-5 pro record. He won the Cage Warriors light heavyweight title in 2019 and defended it once before signing with the UFC.

Source : MMA Fighting More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.