Ronaldo scores BUT Man Utd suffer shock defeat to Young Boys in UCL

Manchester United suffered a shock 2-1 defeat away to Young Boys in their opening match of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.

Ronaldo scores BUT Man Utd suffer shock defeat to Young Boys in UCL

Manchester United suffered a shock 2-1 defeat away to Young Boys in their opening match of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.

Returnee Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring in the 13th-minute after a delightful cross by Bruno Fernandes.

READ | ORLANDO PIRATES INJURY UPDATE | TRIO OUT OF THE YEAR, OFORI STILL IN PAIN

The Man United marquee signing beat the offside trap before scoring what was his third goal since his return to Old Trafford.

Man United found themselves a man down 10 minutes before the interval as Aaron Wan-Bissaka was sent off for a clumsy tackle on Martins.

READ | FORMER ORLANDO PIRATES STRIKER RESURFACES AT ABC MOTSEPE LEAGUE

The Red Devils were still in control of the game despite the red card, and they would go into the half-time break leading by Ronaldo’s goal.

The second half saw Young Boys take the game to Man United, and they threatened a few times before being rewarded midway through the second half.

READ | KAIZER CHIEFS LATEST | DANIEL AKPEYI LINKED WITH SHOCK JANUARY EXIT!

It was in the 66th-minute when Moumi Ngamaleu toe-poked the ball into the back of the net to make it 1-1 on the night.

Man United then took off goalscorer Ronaldo for Jesse Lingard in the 72nd minute as they looked for fresher legs in the final third.

READ | KAIZER CHIEFS LATEST | STUART BAXTER EXPLAINS HAPPY MASHIANE’S ABSENCE

However, it was Young Boys who punished the visitors with a stoppage goal through Theoson Siebatcheu to hand the Swiss outfit a 2-1 win on the night.

Source : The South African More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

COVID-19: Pandemic cost us five years of education, says Lesufi

Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi said the schooling system has lost five years of teaching and learning due to COVID-19.

COVID-19: Pandemic cost us five years of education, says Lesufi

The COVID-19 pandemic has cost the education system five years of teaching and learning, according to the Gauteng MEC for Education Panyaza Lesufi, and the crisis needs to be dealt with before it delivers more disaster.

The MEC told the media that South African learners in public schools are at high risk of never finishing school, and the ongoing time waste from relevant leaders could create more damage than what has already taken place.

SA’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19 TO BLAME FOR EDUCATION FAILURES

ALSO READ: Matric final exam timetable 2021 – time to buckle down and study

Lefusi said September 2020 confirmed a loss of no less than two years of schooling, and as a result of South Africa’s disappointing fight against COVID-19, the education system has now lost three more years.

“Last year, during this period, the month of September, we anticipated that we’ve lost three years of schooling,” he said via eNCA.

“We got a new report last week, with the national minister saying that three years has been extended to five years. It is a catastrophe that we need to avoid. The country can’t afford that,” he added.

SEPTEMBER 2020 WAS TWO YEARS LOST

According to a study by the National Income Dynamics Study – Coronavirus Rapid Mobile Survey (NIDS-CRAM), a staggering 650,000 to 750,000 children dropped out of school in the last school year during the pandemic.

Additional reports further claim that high rates of drop-outs have always been a major setback in Mzansi pre-COVID-19. The challenge results from issues such as bad marks, failing grades, incompetent teaching, and harmful school environments. Another key factor is socioeconomic conditions that stem from extreme poverty and poor social structures.

ALSO READ: DA wants matric exam timetable changed as it clashes with elections

Source : The South African More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.