School Lunch Box Coconut Rough
Coconut Rough 3 cups desiccated coconut 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder 12 medjool dates, seeds removed 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon coconut cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pinch of… The post School Lunch Box Coconut Rough appeared first on Wholefood Simply.
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Line a square 18cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the Coconut Rough ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin. If making the icing place the cacao or cocoa, coconut oil and maple syrup into a small bowl and mix to combine. Spread the icing over your slice (it will be a thin layer) and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
- Place the slice in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
notes – when making this for the lunch box I either omit the icing or use 50 grams of melted dark chocolate.
If you are wanting more quick and easy allergy friendly Lunch Box recipes be sure to check out the Back to School eBook and the Pop it in the Lunch Box eBook, you can view both of them here.
The post School Lunch Box Coconut Rough appeared first on Wholefood Simply.