Sponge Painted Cherry Blossom Craft
Sponge Painted Cherry Blossom craft is an easy painting activity for toddlers. Create beautiful textured cherry blossoms with a sponge! The post Sponge Painted Cherry Blossom Craft appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.
INSIDE: Sponge Painted Cherry craft is an easy and fun painting activity for toddlers and preschoolers. Create a beautiful cherry blossom tree to celebrate the start of Spring!
Sponge Painting Fun
Painting with sponge is a great alternative to using a paint brush for toddlers and preschoolers. Its less messy then finger painting (which I love by the way) but no less fun! All you need is an old sponge cut into small squares and a clothes pin to get keep little fingers clean. What I love most about sponge painting is the texture that it creates! Cherry blossoms are so complex in their colours (white, light pink and dark pink) and you can easily recreate all those colours in one go with a sponge!
I used to live in Japan and in the spring time the cherry blossom trees were spectacular. My students and I would always have a picnic under the tree to celebrate them! Now you can too with this fun craft!
The Best Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Also I wrote a new book! Its called Super STEAM Activity Book! My new book comes out Summer 2021. Stay tuned for more information!
How to Make Sponge Painted Cherry Blossom Craft
Watch how to make the Sponge Painted Cherry Blossom Tree Craft Tape Butterfly in the video above.
- Grab large sheet of brown construction paper. Trace your child hand and arm. Cut it out and glue it on to a sheet of white construction paper.
- Grab a sponge and cut it into small squares. Grab a clothes pin and attach it to one of the squares.
- Pour out pink and white washable kids paint into a plastic bowl of onto a paper plate.
- Invite your child to dip the sponge into the paint to create cherry blossoms on the the tree.
- Let them mix the colours. What new colour do they make?
- Enjoy you beautiful piece of art work!
This is a great activity to do after visiting a local park with lots of cherry blossoms. If you are unable to head out to see actual cherry blossoms watch this video so that your toddler can get an idea of what colour cherry blossoms are and how beautiful are.
My happy kids are 6.5 years and 3 years old.
Looking for more Fun Spring Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Spring Crafts & Activities for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White and Brown Construction Paper
- Washable Kids Paint (pink and white)
- Clothes Pins
- Paper Plate
WILL YOU TRY SPONGE PAINTED CHERRY BLOSSOM TREE CRAFT WITH YOUR TODDLER OR PRESCHOOLER? PIN IT FOR LATER!
The post Sponge Painted Cherry Blossom Craft appeared first on HAPPY TODDLER PLAYTIME.