Spurs target says it would be ‘amazing’ to resurrect Man Utd move

“I will not lie, … The post Spurs target says it would be ‘amazing’ to resurrect Man Utd move appeared first on Football365.

Spurs target says it would be ‘amazing’ to resurrect Man Utd move

Spurs target Josh King says it would be “amazing” if he could resurrect a transfer to Man Utd this summer after a failed move in January.

, eventually turning to Odion Ighalo instead.

King was on United’s books as a teenager and has always insisted it his dream to play for the Old Trafford club.



The 28-year-old wants to leave the relegated Cherries this summer. And he has issued a come and get me plea to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, despite strong links to Tottenham.

“I will not lie, because I really wanted to go there in January, but what happened, happened,” said King.

“I know why things happened. We’ll just have to wait and see. There is a lot that is open. I have a dream to play in the Champions League.

“Whether it will happen this season or in two years, I do not know. But I have a dream about it that all boys have.

“What if United are still interested? That would be amazing. I was at United for five years and I learned lot there.”

The Norwegian also defended his decision not to return from his homeland to pre-season training with Bournemouth.

He said: “It did not make any sense for me to go back to England and be in quarantine, and then come here and be in quarantine.

“I also had a baby in April that I had not seen in 10 weeks. So I was allowed to stay in Norway until the gathering. I am at the national team training and focusing on these two matches.

“I do not know what will happen in the future. Now my focus is on the national team and the matches on Friday and Monday. I am in the situation I am in.”

Despite his United revelation, King remains a major option for Spurs, while Newcastle and AC Milan are also keen.

Jose Mourinho is a known admirer of the attacker and views him as a better option than Callum Wilson.

King has the ability to play out wide or as a central attacker, something that Cherries teammate Wilson cannot really do.

The Tottenham chief wants an experienced back-up to Harry Kane. But King could also play wide on the right for Spurs.

Lucas Moura and Steve Bergwijn are currently battling for that position, although the latter can also be used as a No 10.

However, if United come calling again – it looks like Mourinho is set for a major disappointent.

 

The post Spurs target says it would be ‘amazing’ to resurrect Man Utd move appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Aston Villa’s £15m bid for Bournemouth star turned down

Aston Villa’s hunt for … The post Aston Villa’s £15m bid for Bournemouth star turned down appeared first on Football365.

Aston Villa’s £15m bid for Bournemouth star turned down

Aston Villa have had an initial bid of around £15 million rejected for Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson, according to reports.

Wilson was an integral member of Bournemouth’s team throughout their five seasons in the Premier League. The forward has scored 40 goals from his 126 outings in the top flight.

Bournemouth’s time in the Premier League came to an end in 2019/20 as they finished 18th. Wilson had another good season in a struggling side, as he netted nine times in all competitions from his 39 appearances.



Villa finished a place and a point above the Cherries last campaign, and now they are looking to snatch away their number one striker.

According to , Dean Smith is keen to sign Wilson this summer, and they have seen an opening bid of £15m rejected.

The report adds that Newcastle United are one of the clubs also showing interest, though Villa are the only side to make a bid so far.

The Villans are likely to go back in again for Wilson, and Bournemouth would want nearer to £20m if they are to sell the forward.

Wilson will be eager for a move back to the Premier League to boost his chances of earning a place in Gareth Southgate’s squad for Euro 2021.

Villa struggled for goals last term and they have made signing a new number nine one of their main summer objectives.

They made their first signing of the window on Thursday as

Wilson is not the only forward Villa are looking at, as they are also considering a move for Brentford’s Ollie Watkins.

The post Aston Villa’s £15m bid for Bournemouth star turned down appeared first on Football365.

Source : Football 365 More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.