Stellaris free to play and 75% off on Steam this weekend only
To celebrate the 4th anniversary of this sci-fi marvel, Paradox has given us the opportunity to not only save 75% on the game, but players get to enjoy it for free for this weekend on Steam.
An added bonus for fans is that Paradox has released the patch for Stellaris called “the 2.7 Wells Patch”.
This new patch will include a few new aspects namely:
- Reinvigorated fauna. The space whales and space amoebas now have their own unique habitats that will spawn more creatures as time passes.
- You can now enjoy new graphical system effects that are sure to impress.
- The galactic community now has a couple new aspirations to consider, namely focusing on the scarcity of biological life over synthetic or picking a stance on the treatment of space whales.
- Federations have been brought to life with collaborative event chains bringing new stories and challenges to the gameplay.
- New edicts have been added. Your empire will need to choose between these new edicts to focus on certain issues.
- The space stations now come in three levels and can be upgraded from a small Orbital Habitat to an Advanced Habitat and eventually a Habitat World.
What is Stellaris?
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the storyline of Stellaris, this is a sci-fi real-time grand strategy game that is set in space beginning in the year 2200.
Players control a species in the early stages of space exploration just after the invention of FTL (Faster Than Light) spaceship technology.
The ultimate goal of the empire can range from galactic conquest, hoarding of resources and technological supremacy, to peaceful co-existence or total annihilation of all other sentient life.
The player customises the empire of their species, including ethics, civics and positive/negative traits.
This is a game where you are in control of an entire species and every aspect of their wellbeing, which is a challenge within itself. So, you will need to think your decisions through thoroughly, as each decision will have a knock-on effect, but all in all a fun and beautiful experience like no other.
Steam has four different Stellaris packages for you to choose from, ranging from the base game to the Galaxy edition, the starter pack and then the Paradox Grand strategy collection which includes five different strategy games.
So all that’s left now is for you to take it for a trial run and if you decide you love it you can buy the game and all the DLC’s at the now 75% reduced price.
This content has been created as part of our freelancer relief programme. We are supporting journalists and freelance writers impacted by the economic slowdown caused by #lockdownlife.
If you are a freelancer looking to contribute to The South African, read more here.