The perfect gig? Pebble Beach club looking for caddies to work weekends.
We're all looking for the next great job opportunity, right? Or at least a few extra bucks on the weekend, doing something we enjoy? What (...)
We’re all looking for the next great job opportunity, right? Or at least a few extra bucks on the weekend, doing something we enjoy?
What if that job included walking in one of the most scenic areas of the country, soaking up the sun and waves at a golf mecca all while getting paid for the effort?
According to the site Caddiemaster, a prestigious golf club in Pebble Beach, California, is looking for weekend help. The job listing doesn’t specify which club, but adds that “caddies are expected to work 6 to 7 hours per weekend day.”
Here are the job requirements:
- All Caddies are required to have general golf knowledge, meaning you could play or prompt another Golfer, though you do not need to be an expert or even play well.
- Must be outgoing and have a customer-first personality.
- Candidates without specific Caddie experience may be considered if you have previous experience in one the following types of jobs: Server, Waiter, Bartender, Hospitality, Customer Service, Golf Retail, General Retail, Landscaping, Sales, Valet, Firefighter, EMS personnel, Other Outdoor or Recreational Roles
- Must be physically capable of carrying two bags that can weigh up to 35 pounds each while walking the length of the golf course multiple times a day.
Meanwhile, the daily responsibilities include:
- Cheerfully interact and deliver world-class customer service to all golfers.
- Calculate yardage for golfers.
- Locate errant shots.
- Maintain the course.
- Clean clubs and golf balls.
- Provide course knowledge and information.
- Assist golfers with decision-making.
- Golf Caddie Candidate Selection Process
Among the courses in the area are Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay, Del Monte Golf Course and the new The Hay at Pebble Beach.
The entire job listing is here.