Detectives in Victoria are hoping a quarter of a million-dollar reward will help find those responsible for a shooting in Melbourne's north-west in November 2018.
The victim, Michael was 42-years-old at the time and was driving two teens home from youth-group, when he was chased and came under fire in Melton.
After dropping off one of the youth-group attendees' about 12.30am on November 30, he came across a white Holden Clubsport parked in the middle of the road.
"I parked across the side of the road and I saw a man with a baseball bat and I thought this is not right."
As he attempted to drive around it, a man started smashing his car with the baseball bat, before firing multiple shots at his car.
"I heard shots fired off and I heard bullets fire into my car, I had no idea where to go and I just took off."
"It was like a movie, like a police chase and I realised that they were trying to hunt me down."
As Michael fled, the car tailgated him for more than two kilometres, cutting him off on a corner.
"I stopped for one second and that's when they shot me, I heard the smash through the window and saw the bullet hole in my chin and at that point I really took off."
Michael said that his main concern was for the safety of the girl he was driving home, who throughout this ordeal remained in the passenger seat and dialled triple zero.
"I headed towards the highway towards the petrol station, I thought that was my best chance of survival."
"Once I saw the police that assured me that everything was going to be fine."
Michael said he was in a coma for four days and suffered constant pain due to the extensive damage to his jaw and mouth, but 18 months on much of his pain now is phycological.
"When I heard the shots firing, I couldn't understand because I had done nothing wrong."
"It's something that plays on my mind every day. I'm a very trust-worthy person but now I've lost my trust in people."
Speaking to media this morning Detective Inspector Dean Thomas says despite several search warrants issued and firearms seized in a raid last year, police have hit a roadblock.
"We're at a loss as to what the motive is because there is nothing in our victims' history to suggest there's a reason for this."
They're now offering a $250,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
"We're hoping this $250,000 reward will prompt those people out in the community that know about this particular crime to come forward.
"I'm confident that there are people out there in the community, other than the offender or offenders involved in this, I'm confident someone knows about it."
Two men in their thirties were arrested in June last year, one was charged with a range of firearms offences, whilst the other was questioned about the shooting but was released pending further investigation.
"We keep an open mind we don't have sufficient evidence to charge anybody."
"We're hoping that this notification will be sufficient for someone to come in with that last piece. because it may just be the piece that we need."
For Michael, he just wants to know why he was attacked to helo him close this traumatic chapter in his life and move on.
"I wanted to know why. Why did that happen? Why did you do that to me?"