Two Sydney supermarkets have been listed as exposure sites over multiple days, potentially sending huge numbers of shoppers into isolation.
An infectious person was at Woolworths Belrose for hours at a time from July 15 to Tuesday, July 20, and for a shorter period on July 10.
Contact tracers are facing similar problems at Belrose's Star City Supermarket, which an infectious person visited for extended periods from July 12 to 15.
Other prominent exposure sites revealed by NSW Health late on Wednesday included pharmacists, medical centres, other supermarkets, several locations at Glenrose Village and the Conservatorium at Sydney Olympic Park.
Other venues of concern — notable due to their distance away from metropolitan Sydney include a BP truck stop at Fairy Meadow and a dermatologist in Wollongong.
The full list of exposure sites and times can be found at the .
Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed is a close contact and must get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result:
- Belrose: Woolworths Glenrose Village, Saturday 10 July, 8:30am to 8:40am; Thursday 15 July, 7:30am to 9:00am; Friday 16 July, 5:55am to 4:30pm; Saturday 17 July, 5:55am to 3:10pm; Sunday 18 July, 5:55am to 4:30pm; Monday 19 July, 6:00am to 4:00pm; Tuesday 20 July, 7:30am to 9:00am
- Merrylands: Star City Supermarket, Monday 12 July, 6:45pm to 7:00pm; Tuesday 13 July, 5:30pm to 7:00pm; Wednesday 14 July, 5:30pm to 7:00pm; Thursday 15 July, 12:45pm to 2:15pm
- Edensor Park: La Vita Mediterranean Shop, Wednesday 14 July, 6:10pm to 6:30pm
- Bondi Junction: Post Office, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Thursday 15 July, 12:55pm to 1:40pm
- Belrose: Ajmer's Indian Restaurant, Glenrose Village, Thursday 15 July, 5:30pm to 6:00pm
- Auburn: Cincotta Chemist Auburn, Friday 16 July, 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Lakemba: Afghan Sufra Lakemba, Friday 16 July, 4:30pm to 4:50pm
- Parramatta: Chemist Warehouse, Westfield, Saturday 17 July, 1:35pm to 1:55pm
- North Parramatta: Pet Barn North Parramatta, Saturday 17 July, 3:40pm to 4:00pm
- Belrose: Three Beans Cafe, Glenrose Village, Sunday 18 July, 8:50am to 9:10am
- Belrose: Taste Baguette Glenrose, Glenrose Village, Sunday 18 July, 11:30am to 11:45am
- Lakemba: Haldon Street Medical Practice, Wednesday 14 July 12:30pm - 1:30pm, Saturday 17 July 2:30pm - 4:30pm; Monday 19 July, 1:45pm to 2:40pm
- Merrylands: Cincotta Chemist, Thursday July 15 8pm - 9pm
- Auburn: Cincotta Chemist, Friday 16 July 11am - 1pm
- Auburn: Australia Post, Monday 12 July 11:30am - 11:50amGreenacre: Royal Carwash Greenacre, from 9am to 5.30pm on Saturday 10 July, Sunday 11 July, Monday 12 July, Tuesday 13 July, Wednesday 14 July, Friday 16 July
- St Peters: MW Toolbox, Wednesday 14 July, 2.15pm to 3.30pm
- Merrylands: Agha Juice, Thursday 15 July, 8.00pm to 9.00pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Blacktown: King of Kebabs, Tuesday 13 July, , 3:30pm to 4:00pm
- Merrylands: Kmart, Tuesday 13 July, 7:40pm to 7:55pm
- Sydney Olympic Park: Conservatorium at Sydney Olympic Park, Wednesday 14 July, 7:20am to 7:35am; Thursday 15 July, 7:20am to 7:35am; Friday 16 July , 7:20am to 7:35am
- Merrylands: LJ Hooker, Wednesday 14 July, 1:00pm to 1:10pm
- Werrington: Red Rooster, Wednesday 14 July, 1:50pm to 2:05pm
- Dapto: Coles, Dapto Mall, Wednesday 14 July, 1:50pm to 2:10pm
- Dapto: Woolworths, Dapto Mall, Thursday 15 July, 11:40am to 12:00pm
- Bondi Junction: Commonwealth Bank, 197 Oxford Street Thursday 15 July, 1:45pm to 2:15pm
- Merrylands: Priceline Pharmacy, Thursday 15 July, 2:50pm to 3:15pm
- Auburn: Deccan Flavours, Thursday 15 July, 1:50pm to 1:55pm
- Granville: Woolworths, Thursday 15 July, 5:50pm to 6:20pm
- Merrylands: Hilltop Fruit Market, Friday 16 July, 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Wentworthville: McDonalds, Friday 16 July, 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Green Valley: The Valley Plaza, Friday 16 July, 3:45pm to 4:20pm; Saturday 17 July, 1:45pm to 3:30pm
- Green Valley: Coles Green Valley, Friday 16 July, 4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Green Valley: Woolworths Green Valley, Saturday 17 July, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Dapto: 7-Eleven, Dapto, Saturday 17 July, 4:55pm to 5:05pm
- Wetherill Park: Coles Wetherill Park, Friday 16 July, 5:45pm to 6:15pm
- Bonnyrigg: Fruit World, Saturday 17 July, 2:00pm to 2:15pm
- Green Valley: Priceline, The Valley Plaza, Saturday 17 July, 2:00pm to 2:15pm
- Green Valley: Simply Chickens, The Valley Plaza, Saturday 17 July, 2:45pm to 3:20pm
- Liverpool: Chemist Warehouse, The Grove, Saturday 17 July, 5:20pm to 5:25pm
- Liverpool: Coles, Westfield, Sunday 18 July, 4:10pm to 4:25pmGreen Valley: Valley Fresh, The Valley Plaza, Saturday 17 July, 2.45pm to 3.20pm
- Hoxton Park: Shell Coles Express, Wednesday 14 July 11.00am to 11.20am
- Belrose: Caltex Belrose, Sunday 18 July, 4.20pm to 4.40pm
- Dapto: Priceline Dapto, 33-35 Princess Highway, Friday 16 July, 2.15pm to 2.45pm
- Belrose: Woolworths Glenrose Shopping Village, Friday 16 July 5:55am to 4:30pm, Saturday 17 July 5.55am to 3.10pm, Sunday 18 July 5.55am to 4.30pm
New South Wales has reported a big surge in COVID-19 cases, with 110 new infections in the past 24 hours — the third-worst day since the outbreak began — and a worrying 43 infectious in the community.
Authorities are focusing their attention on a growing number of cases in Sydney's west, north of the current epicentre in Fairfield.
NSW Health's Dr Jeremy McAnulty urged the following new locations to be on high alert for any COVID symptoms: Cumberland — particularly Merrylands and Guildford — Belrose, Toongabbie, Seven Hills, Mount Druitt, Rooty Hill, Lakemba, Fairfield, Haymarket and Wollongong.
Despite most students learning from home, the Mother Teresa Primary School in Westmead was forced to close on Tuesday due to a member of the school community testing positive.
Regional NSW is also high alert after a series of venues in Goulburn and Orange associated with confirmed cases of COVID‑19, prompting a lockdown.