Well wishes for Queen after she's forced to cancel trip

Palace says monarch, 95, 'reluctantly' accepted medical advice to take time off.

Well wishes for Queen after she's forced to cancel trip

Queen Elizabeth has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for a few days and has canceled a trip to Northern Ireland, Buckingham Palace said last night.

The palace didn't offer specifics on the decision, but says the 95-year-old monarch is "in good spirits", and disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland for engagements Wednesday and Thursday.

"The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future,'' the palace said.

READ MORE:

She is resting at Windsor Castle, where she has stayed since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic last year. The decision to cancel the trip was understood to not be COVID related.

ITV News Royal Editor Chris Ship also tweeted saying he had been advised it was not related to coronavirus.

"We are told there is 'no cause for alarm' about the Queen's health and she was seen as recently as last night at a reception at Windsor Castle for the Global Investment Summit," Ship said.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1450770969803509762

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, leader of the Democratic Unionist Party in Northern Ireland, sent his well wishes.

"We thank Her Majesty for her good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland and trust that she will keep well and benefit from a period of rest," he said on Twitter.

"It is always a joy to have Her Majesty in Royal Hillsborough and we look forward to a further visit in the near future."

Church leaders in Northern Ireland released a joint statement saying they were sorry she would not be there to attend the Service of Reconciliation and Hope in Armagh.

The decision comes just days after Elizabeth was seen using a walking stick at a major public event when attending a Westminster Abbey service marking the centenary of the Royal British Legion, an armed forces charity.

She had previously been photographed using a cane in 2003, but that was after she underwent knee surgery.

Britain's longest-lived and longest-reigning monarch, Elizabeth is due to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee — 70 years on the throne — next year.

Despite her age, the Queen, whose husband Prince Philip died earlier this year, still keeps a busy schedule of royal duties.

The day before the palace announced she needed to rest, she held audiences with diplomats, and that night she hosted a reception at Windsor Castle for global business leaders.

She's reported to have had more than a dozen engagements in as many days leading up to the medical advice on Wednesday.

Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne

Earlier this week the monarch politely declined the honour of being named "Oldie of the Year" by a British magazine.

The Oldie magazine on Tuesday published the Queen's response to its suggestion that she follow in the footsteps of former recipients, such as actor Olivia de Havilland and artist David Hockney.

"Her Majesty believes you are as old as you feel, as such The Queen does not believe she meets the relevant criteria to be able to accept, and hopes you will find a more worthy recipient," said a letter from her assistant private secretary, Tom Laing-Baker.

He ended the letter "with Her Majesty's warmest best wishes".

Source : 9 News More   

What's Your Reaction?

like
0
dislike
0
love
0
funny
0
angry
0
sad
0
wow
0

Next Article

Well wishes for Queen after being forced to cancel trip to rest

Palace says monarch, 95, 'reluctantly' accepted medical advice to take time off.

Well wishes for Queen after being forced to cancel trip to rest

Queen Elizabeth has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for a few days and has canceled a trip to Northern Ireland, Buckingham Palace said last night.

The palace didn't offer specifics on the decision, but says the 95-year-old monarch is "in good spirits", and disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland for engagements Wednesday and Thursday.

"The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future,'' the palace said.

READ MORE:

She is resting at Windsor Castle, where she has stayed since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic last year. The decision to cancel the trip was understood to not be COVID related.

ITV News Royal Editor Chris Ship also tweeted saying he had been advised it was not related to coronavirus.

"We are told there is 'no cause for alarm' about the Queen's health and she was seen as recently as last night at a reception at Windsor Castle for the Global Investment Summit," Ship said.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1450770969803509762

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, leader of the Democratic Unionist Party in Northern Ireland, sent his well wishes.

"We thank Her Majesty for her good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland and trust that she will keep well and benefit from a period of rest," he said on Twitter.

"It is always a joy to have Her Majesty in Royal Hillsborough and we look forward to a further visit in the near future."

Church leaders in Northern Ireland released a joint statement saying they were sorry she would not be there to attend the Service of Reconciliation and Hope in Armagh.

The decision comes just days after Elizabeth was seen using a walking stick at a major public event when attending a Westminster Abbey service marking the centenary of the Royal British Legion, an armed forces charity.

She had previously been photographed using a cane in 2003, but that was after she underwent knee surgery.

Britain's longest-lived and longest-reigning monarch, Elizabeth is due to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee — 70 years on the throne — next year.

Despite her age, the Queen, whose husband Prince Philip died earlier this year, still keeps a busy schedule of royal duties.

The day before the palace announced she needed to rest, she held audiences with diplomats, and that night she hosted a reception at Windsor Castle for global business leaders.

She's reported to have had more than a dozen engagements in as many days leading up to the medical advice on Wednesday.

Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne

Earlier this week the monarch politely declined the honour of being named "Oldie of the Year" by a British magazine.

The Oldie magazine on Tuesday published the Queen's response to its suggestion that she follow in the footsteps of former recipients, such as actor Olivia de Havilland and artist David Hockney.

"Her Majesty believes you are as old as you feel, as such The Queen does not believe she meets the relevant criteria to be able to accept, and hopes you will find a more worthy recipient," said a letter from her assistant private secretary, Tom Laing-Baker.

He ended the letter "with Her Majesty's warmest best wishes".

Source : 9 News More   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.